Pump Installation & Maintenance
Pump Installation & Maintenance starting with pump defintion , and going to piping and valves .The Pump is defined as a mechanical device that rotates or reciprocates to move fluid from one place to another
Purpose of a pump:A pump is designed to:
- transfer fluid from one point to another.
- from low pressure areas to higher pressure Areas.
- lower elevations to higher Elevations.
- From local locations to distant locations.
Pumps are available in a wide range of types, sizes, and materials, two categories described—positive displacement and centrifugal. positive displacement pumps have a fixed displacement volume. Consequently, the flow rates they generate are directly proportional to their speed.
You can also Read Job Training Mechanical Technician Course Compressors
Pump Installation & Maintenance Content
- Identify pump classifications
- Describe the purpose of pump parts.
- Define various pump terms.
- Explain pump operation.describe the components of a pump curve.
- Describe a simple pumping system.
- Describe typical pump failures and theircauses
- distinct positions.
- shut or open.
- throttle flow.
- selecting the correct valve for an application depends on:
- ease of maintenance. Reliability.
- leakage tendencies.
- frequency with which the valve will be open and shut.
Fluid system designs are usually developed to support the needs of other systems.In cooling system applications, the requirements flow is determine. Pump capabilities are then calculated based on the system layout and equipment characteristics The most challenging aspect of the design process is cost-effectively matching the pump and motor characteristics to the needs of the system